7 Maybelline Velvet Matte Lip Color Swatches & First Impression
I am currently obsessed with matte lips. I have always been a gloss girl but now I have completely moved on to being a matte girl. With my dry and chapped lips I always face issues with matte lipsticks so I am always looking for matte lip color which along with matte effect are hydrating. Recently Maybelline introduced the Maybelline Velvet Matte Lip Colors. I have already loved the Maybelline Lip Polish Range (reviewed here , here & swatched here) so I was sure I had to try these out.
Product Claims: VELVET MATTE LIPSTICKS
Get petal smooth lips with Maybelline New York’s New Color Sensational Velvet Matte Lipsticks
- This season is all about Mattes! Give your lips a petal smooth finish with Maybelline New York’s New Color Sensational Velvet Matte Lipsticks.
- We bring to you a Liquid to Matte sensation with New Color Sensational Velvet Matte. This innovative “Liquid to Matte” product is a hydrating cream color that glides on smooth and sets with a matte finish. It comes in 8 trendy colors that are not only designed for long wear but are also lightweight. The velvety, buttery cushion-like texture keeps lips in comfort all day. Here’s your go-to matte lipstick, that will always make you look chic and classy.
- Here’s why you’ll love it
- – Its hydrating formula keeps lips non-sticky, non-chalky and hydrated all day long
- – Available in 7 vibrant, richly-pigmented hues.
- – It is lightweight, making it perfect for long wear.
Price: Rs 475
My First Impression: Talking about the packaging, these are quite similar to the Maybelline Lip Polish collection, the only difference being the lip polish range has a silver metallic cap and these ones have matte black cap. Like every other Maybelline lipstick and gloss range, even these do not have names. They are categorized with numbers. I really don’t understand the logic behind not naming the shades and the missing numbers. Plus shade names like matte 5, 11 are similar to the Maybelline Bold Matte lipsticks. This all is really confusing! I really wish as easy it is for us to see the shade, Maybelline comes up with something easy to name the shades.
There are a total of 8 shades available in this range out of which I have already swatched 7 shades. When I first swatched these shades, I found the texture quite similar to the Maybelline lip polish, these ones being a little less glossier. I waited for a good old 5 mins to see if they changed to matte but they still looked the same. The SA told me that would turn matte on the lips, so had to try one. Most of the shades in this range and quite bright and I wish they had some soft shades too. I already own quite a few reds so I decided to try the pink and the berry shade. I hate applying the applicators directly on my lips as they are already used by many so I took a bit of the product on my finger and applied it. If you take just a tiny bit of the product and apply it, the lip colour looks matte but if you apply the shade with the applicator you will get a velvet matte effect which almost creamy matte. Also as it does not set into complete matte, this lip color has a tendency of transferring. The darker colours stain and stay longer for around 3-5 hours.
Here is the lip swatch of the berry kind of shade – Mat 6 (hoping I have got all the shade numbers right). I have just taken a tinge of the product and applied it with my finger.
I like the fact that for my dry and chapped lips these lip colors aren’t entirely drying but if you are looking for a pure matte effect, these wont be your first choice. I tried the shades in quite flashy lights so I am planning to check these shades during the daytime and pick either the bright pink or the berry shade.
What do you think of the Maybelline Velvet Matte lip colors? Have you tried them yet?