Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream Review, Before & After Pics
I am back with another amazing product and this time it’s for your dull-unmanageable hair. Today I will be reviewing the newly launched Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream. Before I start let me tell you guys that I have oily scalp and thick unmanageable hair. I bought this cream because I was very impressed with the commercial, check out the detailed review to know how it fared.
Price: INR 100 for 200 gm
Packaging: Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream comes in a yellow colored attractive tube packaging with a flip-top cap on top. To get the product out, open the cap and squeeze out required product. The tube dispenses small amount which prevents wastage of the product. Since I have the smaller tube, it’s easy to carry around while travelling without worrying about spillage.
Texture and Fragrance: I love the fragrance because it’s very fresh and fruity. The scent only stays for 10-15 minutes and then it fades away. I so wish it lasted for longer. The product is milky white and the texture is very similar to conditioner. The consistency is neither thick nor runny; it’s perfect for a hair cream. I love the non-greasy and non-oily texture. When applied, it doesn’t leave any residue or any oily feeling behind which is truly amazing. At times, I have used more than required product on my ends still it didn’t made my hair greasy.
How I use it:
- After Wash: After washing my hair, I take a small amount of this cream in my pam and massage it on my strands gently. The tube says that it can also be used on the scalp but the ingredient-list is loaded with chemicals so I avoided using it on my scalp. I love using it as an after-wash treatment because the results are amazing and visible.
- Before Wash: I used it in place of oil as recommended by the brand and kept it for one hour. Then I rinsed it off with my shampoo. I was not very happy with the results because the result was not good as oiling hair. My hair looked unnourished and unmanageable.
- As Overnight Treatment: I’ve tried using it as an overnight treatment too as claimed. I took small portions of my hair and applied the cream thoroughly avoiding the scalp. After covering whole head, I just made a bun and slept. In the morning, I shampooed as usual. It made my hair smooth, shiny and less frizz-free. I also skipped conditioner because I didn’t felt the need, yes, the results were amazing.
Effects: Earlier, I had to blow dry my hair to make them look manageable but now I simply apply this cream on my strands. It dries within second without leaving any heavy, sticky, uncomfortable or oily feeling. After using it, my dry hair looks nourished and healthy. It also controls the frizz to a great extent with no issues of flyaways. My hair feels touchably smooth and I couldn’t resist touching them again and again, oh btw I have coarse hair-type. After applying this cream, I can comb the tangles very easily so it helps in detangling the hair with ease. The texture is hydrating and my dry ends no longer look dull, dehydrated. This cream adds a noticeable shine to my strand and they look nourished and healthy. The effects last for 2 days and I’m very satisfied with results.
Here is a picture of the my semi-dry hair on the left and on the right is the picture after applying the Garnier Oil in cream.
Hits: Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream
- Very reasonably priced
- Infused with the goodness of coconut, almond and olive oil
- Very easy to use
- Non-sticky texture
- Makes my hair manageable by controlling the frizz
- Helps in detangling hair
- Makes coarse hair smooth and soft
- My dull hair look nourished and hydrated after applying this cream
- Can be used as an overnight mask or after hair-wash as a leave-in treatment
- Doesn’t weigh down my hair at all
- The claims are true to a great extent
Misses: Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream
- Loaded with chemicals so it cannot be used on scalp as claimed
- Doesn’t work when used before hair-wash as a hair-oil
- The fragrance doesn’t linger for long (Not really a con but still!)
Overall Thoughts: I really loved the concept of oil-in-cream and I’m very satisfied with the product. It is very convenient to use and the results are amazing. It detangles the hair, controls frizz, makes hair smooth, and adds noticeable shine without weighing strands. If you’re looking for a leave-in treatment then I will highly recommend Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream to you all.
Guest Post by Mansi C.